Wed 05 Aug 26 - NT/SA Border to Coober Pedy (393km)
8 to 22 Deg and cloudy in the morning, becoming clear with light winds
After a good night sleep, we left our overnight stay at 0900 and made our way down the Stuart Highway along excellent road - I dare say the best road this trip. Importantly, we had no hot wheels today, so needless to say we were very happy. It was quite a scenic drive today with the changing landscape, and the most magnificent wild flowers growing along the highway. Unfortunately, there were no suitable places to pull over and take photos of the flowers. We stopped at Marla (start - or end point of the Oodnadatta Track), for morning coffee, and after an another rest stop along the way, we arrived at our Coober Pedy stay (the Big 4 Stuart Range Caravan Park) for a 2 night stay, where we were set up by just before 3pm. Setting up wasn't as straight forward as hoped though, as I had to dismantle and unblock the water pressure limiting valve inlet to the van so that we could connect water. After a bit of a mess around, I eventually freed it up, and we had water, then we headed into IGA for Noel to buy some victuals while I took Olli for a wander around the dust bowl called Coober Pedy. Back at the van I cooked dinner, with a stunning sunset happening in the back ground, but I was simply too tired and hungry (hangry...) to bother with photos. That is on the list for tomorrow.
 |
| Morning bush walk at our overnight stay |
 |
| Morning bush walk at our overnight stay - A border surveyer peg |
 |
| Morning creek walk at our overnight stay |
 |
Arrival at Coober Pedy
|
 |
Arrival at Coober Pedy
|
 |
| Arrival at Coober Pedy |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy - IGA Mural |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy - IGA Mural |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy - IGA Mural |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy - IGA Mural |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy |
 |
| Walk around Coober Pedy - A Big Gecko |
Comments
Post a Comment