Day 73: Mon 03 Aug 26 - Kings Canyon

Day 72: Sun 02 Aug  26 - Kings Canyon

7 to 25, clear and light winds

Yesterday when I walked the Canyon rim walk I left early to catch the rising sun light on the rock walls, but I missed a lot of the views and scenery because it was still too dark. So, this morning I made a late decision to do the walk again. I left at 0930, and was glad I did, because there was so much I didn't notice along the way yesterday. It was equally as amazing today, maybe better in some cases, as the sun was a little higher and shining into the gorges. The views overall were much better today. After the walk, which I knocked over in a little more than 2 hours, I also did the Kings Creek gorge walk for a second time before returning to the van for lunch. After lunch, Noel climbed in the car and drove out to do the Kings Creek Gorge walk too, an easy flat 2km return walk which she also enjoyed. The rest of the day was quiet relaxing, enjoying the warm afternoon sun and catching up on a few calls, refuelling and preparing for our departure tomorrow. 

Apologies, but more rock photos...

Heading out for another lap of the Kings Canyon Rim Walk


Up we go to the rim...

Nice to see a view today - it was still dark at this point yesterday 

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Just as nice (maybe nicer) the second time

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Stunning Colours

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Stunning Views

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - 

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - 

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - A better view in full daylight

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Where trees grow

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Evidence of the ocean floor from 100's of millions of years ago

Kings Canyon Rim Walk


Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Making my way around again

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Amazing plants and colour

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

Kings Canyon Rim Walk - I walked along the top of that sheer cliff, and amazingly there are no fences for stupid people

Kings Canyon Rim Walk
Kings Canyon Rim Walk
Kings Canyon Rim Walk - About to head back down

Kings Canyon Rim Walk

After the Rim Walk, a 2km return walk up Kings Creek in the gorge 

Kings Creek Walk


Kings Creek Walk

Kings Creek Walk

View from inside our home at dinnertime  - Sunset was glorious, but I was too lazy to take more photos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran