Wed 15 Jul 26 - Mt Isa
8 to 26 Deg, clear and sunny with light SE winds - quite fresh all day in the shade
Noel woke feeling much better today - I woke feeling much worse. I had a bit of a lazy morning while Noel went into the pharmacy for me and to Coles for a few groceries. Meanwhile I eventually stepped outside, and did a few van checks and filled the water tanks in preparation for our departure tomorrow. After taking some 'get-wellers', I later went into town for a wander around, then stopped in at the Mining Museum for a look around (I didn't have time yesterday) on the way back to the van. Still not feeling up for a ride, and not wanting to waste the afternoon, we went for a drive out to Lake Moondarra, a picturesque artificial reservoir fed by the Leichardt River, about 17km out of Mt Isa. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, and a very pleasant outing, except I was disappointed that I didn't get to ride out along a wonderful separate cycle path along the main road out to the dam. Maybe next time. Tomorrow we will head towards the NT, destination unknown, depending on what time we get away, and how I feel. Apart from feeling a little unwell, Mt Isa has been a relaxing visit, and much different to how I remember it when I passed through several times in the mid 80's while living in Darwin.
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Mount Isa Murals |
 |
| Olli being a sticky beak inside the van when I removed the toilet cassette to empty it |
 |
| Back at the Information Centre to visit the Mining Museum |
 |
| Back at the Information Centre to visit the Mining Museum |
 |
| Mining Museum |
 |
| Rodeo Museum |
 |
| Afternoon Drive to Lake Moondarra |
 |
| Afternoon Drive to Lake Moondarra - evidence of a lot of recent rain |
 |
| Afternoon Drive to Lake Moondarra |
 |
| Afternoon Drive to Lake Moondarra |
 |
| Afternoon Drive to Lake Moondarra |
 |
| View from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| View from Lake Moondarra Lookout to picnic area |
 |
| View from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - from Lake Moondarra Lookout |
 |
| Drone - Mount Isa Mine |
 |
| Drone - Mount Isa |
 |
| Drone - Mount Isa Mine |
 |
| Mt Isa Mine |
 |
| Another Mural |
 |
| Another Mural |
Comments
Post a Comment