Day 52: Mon 13 Jul 26 - Mary Kathleen to Mt Isa

Mon 13 Jul  26 - Mary Kathleen to Mt Isa (57km)

Wow that was a shock this morning; 5 Deg but feeling like 2,  clear with light winds and 25 Deg.

Another tired start to the day with Noel up madly coughing all night - she assures me that she is getting better though. Our destination today was all of 57km away at the Argylla Mt Isa Discovery Parks, about 2km out of town.  We couldn't check in before 11:00, so we got away later than usual and still eventually had the van parked and set up by 11:30. Unfortunately, for the first time ever, I miscalculated the slightly uphill reverse turn onto the site, and pushed my bumper bar in slightly on the right side. It's not very noticeable, but now I can't unsee it, and it's annoying.  A quick cuppa, then we headed into the information centre to fill our next 2.5 days with activities. We ended up booking the Underground Hospital tour tomorrow morning which we'll do together (due to offers for Olli to be cared for during the 45 minute tour), then, depending on how I feel, I may do the 3 hour underground mine tour in the afternoon. We called by the pharmacy to get a few supplies on our way back to the van, then I set about repairing my broken ESC Anderson Plug. Before long another day had ended. A tasty home cooked Kerala Chicken with steamed beans and brocolli recharged our batteries for a busier day tomorrow.

Morning walk around Mary Kathleen - I could spend a week here 

Morning walk around Mary Kathleen - everything is so green

Mt Isa Visitor Centre - I wasn't in the mood for tourism or photos today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran