Day 44: Sun 05 Jul 26 - Lake Maraboon

Sun 05 Jul  26 - Lake Maraboon

A fresh start to the day - 12 feeling like 7 Deg reaching a clear and warm 25 Degrees with much less wind than the past few days.

Another very quiet night, was followed by exercise and walks, then we drove into Emerald to refuel and buy a few victuals before returning for lunch and a little lie down. Afterwards, I climbed on the bike for a 20 km ride to the Fairbairn Dam lookout, then out to the highway and back again. There were a few kami-kaze kangaroos on the way out which slowed some of the passing traffic along an uncomfortably narrow road. Back at the van, Noel and I sat outside enjoying the beautiful warm weather, the peaceful surrounds and abundant birdlife over a cup of tea. Afterwards I set about packing for our departure tomorrow. It's been a very relaxing stay, and I would happily come back again, preferably outside the school holidays with less children around (I must be getting old). Tomorrow, we have planned only a shortish drive to Jericho for an overnight stay.

Plenty of Cockatoos around

Cockatoo with an Emu in the background

A wonderful morning bush walk

Entrance to the caravan park - a very relaxed stay

Lake Maraboon with the Blackdown Tablelands in the distance. Unfortunately you can't take caravans of our size into the National Park, and you can't take pets in either, so I'll have to wait to visit another time.

Fairbairn Dam from the Lookout

Lake Maraboon from the Lookout. The caravan park is on the other side of the point.

Fairbairn Dam from the Lookout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran