Day 40: Wed 01 Jul 26 - Yeppoon to Duaringa

Wed 01 Jul  26 - Yeppoon to Duaringa (152km)

Foggy morning 16 to 26 Deg mostly clear with a light NE Wind.

We drove away from the Yeppoon after a quick goodbye to Aunt and Uncles, and cousin Helen, at 09:00am, stopping at Gracemere for morning coffee. This stop was well timed, as I received a call from another Aged Care provider that I wanted to speak to yesterday, and thankfully more important information regarding Mum's aged care support was provided. Given the amount of follow up work to do without returning to Gladstone, we opted to drive only short distance so that I could spend time in the afternoon hopefully finalising matters. We arrived at our destination, a great donation camp at 12:30, and after lunch I set to work. Unfortunately the afternoon was consumed by a 2 hours wait on the phone to talk to DVA (due to Mum's DVA pension), to determine Mum's level of funding contribution which unravelled into a massive list of forms and documents that are required. By 8:00pm, I had done as much as I could today without completely losing my sanity, but the information that I need for a meeting with a potential care provider next week, may not be available for weeks, possibly months....

Tomorrow is another day, and thankfully we don't have any plans for it yet.

A great Donation Camp with lots of open space and good facilities (hot showers and toilets)
at Duaringa
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran