Day 30: Sun 21 Jun 26 - Emu Park

Sun 21 Jun 26 - Emu Park

16 to 24 Degrees and mostly clear all day with a light SE wind.

I was out of bed before sun rise today, and after my morning exercises, I went for a nice long 'solo' walk along the beach and back to Emu Park. I returned to the caravan, and collected Noel and Olli, then we went for a wander through the local Sunday markets where we had our morning brew. Returning to the van, we were loaded up with fresh local honey, oranges, mandarins and grapefruit from Byfield, and 1kg of large plump sweet strawberries from Bundaberg. No sooner had I offloaded the produce, I was heading back down to the beach with Olli, to give him his first taste (not literally) of salt water, and he loved it. Unfortunately, the cleanup process took some effort, and I'm not sure it was worth all the trouble. We had a bit of lunch, which I followed up with a little papa nap before heading out on the bike for a 20km, but hilly ride around Emu Park. On return I was rewarded with some fresh baked scones and a cup of tea, then we had a quiet afternoon before dinner and a quiet night.

Morning beach walk

Another visit to the beach and a splash around in the water

Not sure the effort of cleaning up was worth it though

Afternoon bike ride around Emu Park

Afternoon bike ride around Emu Park

Afternoon bike ride around Emu Park

Happy to have me back home again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran