Day 38: Mon 29 Jun 26 - Yeppoon

Mon 29 Jun 26 - Yeppoon

17 to 22 Degrees, cloudy with patchy rain and SE winds all day.

Another day with not much to report. After our morning routine we drove into Rockhampton to catch up with my cousin Stella and her grandson EJ for coffee at the Boathouse overlooking the Fitzroy River. Afterwards, on the way back to Yeppoon, we stopped at Stocklands Camera House to collect my Uncle's damaged SD Card and some of the photos that they managed to recover. Back in Yeppoon, it was another ordinary day weather wise, with lots of patchy showers and a persistent fresh SE wind. I tried sneaking out for a ride a few times, but each time I was ambushed. I did eventually get out for a very short ride later in the afternoon which was nice. After lunch, I received confirmation that funding for Mum's My Aged Care Stay at Home Support Package was approved (2-3 months earlier that expected), so this kept my mind busy trying to work out the next steps. Essentially I have 56 days to find service providers for a range of different services, sign agreements and arrange for them to start providing services. Tomorrow morning I will be busy making enquiries, with the main aim of deciding if we need to return to Gladstone to get everything sorted before we continue travelling, or if it can be done remotely by email and phone. Importantly, Mum is recovering well from surgery, and the range of services she was been approved and now funded, will help with her continued recovery and ensure that she is supported well into the future. Noel and I (and Olli), went for a late walk to the Crimson Finch Brewery for a cleansing dark ale before returning to the van for the evening.

Ross Creek - High and Dry

Ross Creek - High and Dry

Ross Creek - High and Dry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 8-27 Sat 30 May - Thu 18 Jun 26 - Gladstone (New daily posts at the top of this page)

Day 50: Sat 11 Jul 26 - Dinosaur Creek to Cloncurry

Day 2: Sun 24 May 26 - Molong to Coonabarabran